Ask Danny: “If my garbage disposal is stuck, is it time to buy a new one?”
If your garbage disposal starts making an unusual sound, your best bet it to turn it off. It’s likely in a bind, and if you leave it that way, it will end up tripping the reset button on the bottom of the disposal or even a circuit breaker in your home. Follow these simple instructions to clear the disposal and give it a thorough
To fix a clogged or jammed garbage disposal:
Turn the garbage disposal off.
Insert the correct size hex or Allen wrench in the six sided hole in the bottom of the garbage disposer motor.
Move the wrench back and forth to dislodge whatever it is that’s clogging it.
To clean a kitchen garbage disposal:
- Pour a small amount of baking soda in the garbage disposal.
- Pour 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the disposal on top of the baking soda.
- Allow the mixture to work for a few minutes.
- Pour boiling water in the garbage disposal.
- Allow the hot water to remain in the disposal for a few minutes.
- Turn the garbage disposal on, and flush it out with water from the sink faucet.
Watch the video (https://www.todayshomeowner.com/video/how-to-fix-a-clogged-kitchen-garbage-disposal/) to find out more.
For more information, visit TodaysHomeowner.com.