Menu
How to stop an outdoor faucet from dripping

How to stop an outdoor faucet from …

Outdoor faucets, also kno...

Endeavor could be home to Partner for Pets

Endeavor could be home to Partner f…

Vicki Fuqua, animal lover...

Chamber names JACKSON COUNTY CITIZEN OF THE YEAR

Chamber names JACKSON COUNTY CITIZE…

The Chamber of Commerce t...

The Simple Way To Hang Pictures

The Simple Way To Hang Pictures

Sometimes, the simplest p...

Tung oil trees are making a comeback

Tung oil trees are making a comebac…

Local entrepreneur Charle...

Debris clean up on Chipola River begins

Debris clean up on Chipola River be…

Passer-byers on the Caver...

How to unclog a sink fast

How to unclog a sink fast

Before using chemical cle...

LIFE, GOOD TIMES AND COCA COLA

LIFE, GOOD TIMES AND COCA COLA

One of the advantages of ...

Prev Next

Harrison Chevrolet Building is the 2018 Century 21 Easter Seal Ornament Featured

Harrison Chevrolet Building is the 2018 Century 21 Easter Seal Ornament

Harrison Chevrolet-Buick was a Marianna/Jackson county landmark from 1928- 1973. Creshull and Mary Ann Harrison returned from their summer home this past June to join in the celebration of the opening of Miller-Miller Nissan which was a spinoff in television terms of the former Rahal-Miller Chevrolet Buick Cadillac Nissan. The name changed from Harrison to Rahal in 1974 before it went to Rahal-Miller and now Miller-Miller.

2018 is the 90th Anniversary of the automobile dealership. It has had only two other names on the buildings, Rahal and Miller during those years.

The initial building was located on the southeast corner of Green and Jackson Street. In the late 1930’s, C.C. Harrison bought the old Dekle building on the corner of Lafayette and Caledonia, and converted it into the dealership. The bottom floor was torn out, and converted to a Sinclair service station during the 1940’s. Later it was restored to the new automobile showroom. The business operated there until it was sold to The First Bank of Marianna in the 1960’s, where they built their new banking facility. An interim small building, which is now Century Link, served as the dealership until 1964. At that time a new facility was built one mile west of the old facility on west Lafayette Street, which now serves Miller & Miller General Motors operation.

For 45 years, Harrison Chevrolet - Buick was respected as an integral part of the community. The Harrisons were business leaders who took a leading role in the automobile community in Jackson County and the region, and were also very involved in civic and charitable acts in the community.

From the employees who washed and detailed the cars, to the sales managers and owners, all people were treated fairly and with respect at Harrison Chevrolet - Buick. The Harrisons left a lasting mark on the business community, and on many in the area. Owners Ricky and Dustin Miller have and are continuing this tradition.  Ricky Miller says of things he learned through many years at the dealership, “Never embarrass the original name, and always, always treat your employees like they are your family because they indeed are our family. We hope to carry on the same service with the integrity instilled by Mr. Harrison for years and years to come.” 

Harrison’s motto was: “Golden Rule Service Since 1928”

Write a comment...
awesome comments!
back to top