Menu
How to hang almost any type of sliding door

How to hang almost any type of slid…

Sliding door hardware can...

Florida Caverns receives trees from Southern Craft Creamery

Florida Caverns receives trees from…

Southern Craft Creamery c...

Governor Ron DeSantis Requests Increased Federal Cost Share for Hurricane Michael Recovery

Governor Ron DeSantis Requests Incr…

Following Hurricane Micha...

Governor Ron DeSantis Requests Increased Federal Cost Share for Hurricane Michael Recovery

Governor Ron DeSantis Requests Incr…

Following Hurricane Micha...

Edd Sorenson comes through with successful rescue

Edd Sorenson comes through with suc…

Middle of the night phone...

PEANUTS AND BOOKER T. WASHINGTON

PEANUTS AND BOOKER T. WASHINGTON

You know you’ve had a gre...

How to condition a new paint roller cover

How to condition a new paint roller…

There are certain tools t...

Chipola officials plant historical tree

Chipola officials plant historical …

Chipola College officials...

Marianna Toyota construction is ahead of schedule

Marianna Toyota construction is ahe…

For those going by Marian...

Prev Next

St Lukes Episcopal Church

#16 St. Lukes Episcopal Church

The first Episcopal Parish was organized in Marianna in 1838, and the first building, of natural limestone, was constructed on the present site in 1851. The structure crumbled and was never used. The second building was consecrated in 1863 only to be burned a year later, on September 17, 1864,…
Read more...

St. Luke's Episcopal Church

By Mary Neale Robbins, Archivist Parishioners of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Marianna began their anniversary celebration of 175 years in March 2013. The church was organized in 1838 as the result of a visit from The Right Reverend Jackson Kemper, Bishop of Missouri and Indiana. Bishop Kemper had been called…
Read more...

St. Luke’s Episcopal Church ( Continued)

By Mary Robbins, Archivist In our last article we told of events during the first one hundred years of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Marianna. We told about three church sanctuaries: one of inferior limestone built in 1850 and used until 1859, the second a Gothic style frame building consecrated…
Read more...
Subscribe to this RSS feed