Logo
Print this page

Streetman Turner House

The original portion of the house was built by Dr. Theophilus West in 1901 as part of the Davis addition to the City of Marianna. It was a 4-square design, purchased by the James Streetman's in 1920. Two additions had been added by 1922 and in the next 12 years the house was extended to the present day appearance. The garage and an additional house on the property were added. The family lived here until 1960. Other owners, over the years, made changes, but since being purchased by the Turners in 2006, extensive renovations have been done to the house and out-buildings.

The 1920's garage has been restored and is Mr. Turner's workshop. A new metal roof, paint and restored beautiful hardwood floors, along with revealing original ceiling treatments are only a few of the improvements made recently. The garage apartment is the Turner's office. Much more restoration is planned.

Cited from Self-Guided Tour of the Marianna Area.  Presented by Main Street Marianna and Chipola Historical Trust Jackson County Florida

Write a comment...
awesome comments!
Last modified onWednesday, 01 January 2014 04:09

Latest from Staff

The Jackson County Times Inc. Jackson County Times A Hatcher Publication All rights reserved.