The Hinson House was built in 1920 by J.W. Hinson on property which was originally a portion of the Ely-Criglar properties. Mr. Hinson's wife, Sadie, wanted a house on fashionable Lafayette Street, and Mr. Hinson persuaded the Criglar Family to allow them to purchase the present site.
The house was purchased by Sid and July Riley who renovated the lovely home in 1996 for the purpose of establishing a bed and breakfast inn in Marianna. The interior of the home reflects the 1920's in a modern day setting where is always Christmas.
Cited from Self-Guided Tour of the Marianna Area.
Presented by Main Street Marianna and Chipola Historical Trust Jackson County Florida