Methodists first conducted services in this area in 1823, and organized Marianna First Methodist Church congregation on December 10, 1834. On the present site, in 1838, the Methodists erected the towns first church building, a wooden structure facing east.
In 1892, the congregation constructed a second wooden church, featuring a tall steeple tower. In 1916 the membership built the present sanctuary, the first brick church edifice in Marianna, adding the Educational Building in 1948 and the Youth Center in 1973. In the late 1990's the church erected the beautiful Wesley Center and purchased the adjoining lot on Lafayette Street which they lease to the U.S. Postal Service for parking during the week.
The Beautiful stain glass memorial windows in the circular sanctuary are particularly outstanding.
Cited from Self-Guided Tour of the Marianna Area. Presented by Main Street Marianna and Chipola Historical Trust Jackson County Florida