Chipleyâ€” Officials from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) are gearing up to hold a public hearing session on the department's tentative five year work program. The hearing will be held to present and receive input on the work program for fiscal years July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2019 and consider the necessity of making changes to the program. The session will be held Tuesday, Dec. 3 in the FDOT District Three Design Conference Room, 1074 Highway 90, Chipley and broadcasted live to the following locations:
- FDOT Milton Operations Center Conference Room, 6025 Old Bagdad Highway, Milton
- FDOT Panama Operations Center Conference Room, 3633 Highway 390, Panama City
- FDOT Ponce DeLeon Operations Center Conference Room, 1723 Sunrise Circle, Ponce de Leon
- The hearing will cover the following counties at the scheduled session times. Public comment time should begin approximately 45 minutes after the beginning of each session.
- 8:00 a.m. (CST) Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, and Walton counties
- 10:30 a.m. (CST) Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, and Washington counties
- 1:30 p.m. (CST) Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Liberty, Leon and Wakulla counties
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Regina Battles at or (850) 330-1270 at least seven days prior to the meeting.
Written comments from TPOs/TPAs and other interested parties will be received by the Department at the Public Hearings and within 10 days thereafter. Comments should be addressed to Mr. James T. Barfield, P.E., District Secretary, FDOT, District Three, 1074 Highway 90, Chipley, FL 32428.